Saturday, April 24, 2010

"Obi" Wan Fan - Chicken Asparagus Broccoli Stir Fry

So, I looked up "dinner" in Chinese . . . and got a translation in Chinese characters. Then, I looked up "how to say 'dinner'" and was told that it sounds like "wan fan". Hence, "Obi Wan Fan" week. (I know, we're geeks.) We were starting without many groceries, and even less time, but I quickly found this recipe at Bon Appétit, and The Physicist picked up the rest of the ingredients on his way home. Working together to chop up the veggies and chicken, it quickly came together in about 30 minutes, which was perfect. We did leave out the oyster sauce, because I wasn't sure I could handle that, but we easily substituted with soy sauce and a bit of cornstarch. It was lovely, and quick, and better than anything I could get from a Chinese food place, considering how fresh the veggies tasted. Served over some jasmine rice, it was divine. If you're looking for a fast, healthy alternative to take-out, this is the recipe for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment